How to participate in the Signals SGN Token Sale (starting March 12th)
The Signals SGN Token Sale is now just around the corner. Following up on a successful Token Presale, our team is excited to see how far will our wonderful community take the Signals marketplace.
The SGN Token Sale starts on Monday, March 12, 2018
The success threshold of our Token Sale is set at $2M (soft cap) and the goal at $18M (hard cap). To make sure that the process of purchasing SGN tokens is as smooth and safe as possible, we’ve put together a quick how-to guide for the following days leading up to the Token Sale.
TL;DR: If you want to purchase SGN tokens during the Token Sale, you need to:
- own Ethereum cryptocurrency
- own a working ETH (ERC20 compatible) wallet
- register for and undergo the KYC process
How to purchase SGN tokens
To get started, you will need to register and go through the Signals Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure — this is due to legal obligations.
The KYC procedure is linked to your ETH wallet address. Your ETH wallet address is a sort of a key to finish the registration, check its verification status, and once passing the KYC procedure, access the SGN Smart Contract address.
As a Token Sale participant, you most likely fall into one of these categories:
- You wish to register and participate in the Token Sale.
This means that you need to register and pass the KYC process. You can do that in advance before the actual sale starts, in order to avoid the crowds when the sale starts and be able to participate among the first ones and thus get higher discount (the first token purchase comes with a 15% discount and then every next purchase gets a lower discount). When the sale starts, you will receive an email and will be able to participate in the sale right away.
2. You have already registered for the Token Sale and you’re now awaiting registration verification.
You could be wondering whether your registration has already been processed and/or if you’ve passed the KYC process. Don’t worry — you’ll be notified by email as soon as there is any update regarding your Token Sale registration.
3. You already participated in the Token Presale during autumn 2017.
Now, in order to receive the transferable SGN tokens and also to participate in the main Token Sale, Signals is legally obliged to require you to pass the KYC procedure, as well.
How to register for the Signals Token Sale
Please follow the steps as described below.
Step 1: Provide your Ethereum wallet address
We need the exact address which you will be sending Ethers and to which we will send the SGN tokens in return.
Ethereum wallet conditions:
- We cannot send tokens to Exchange address, therefore you cannot use an ETH wallet address from any exchange (You would lose your SGN tokens!)
- You need to use a standard ERC20 wallet.
How can I create an Ethereum wallet and purchase Ethers?
How can I send ETH to another address?
In case this is your first time sending ETH, not to worry. Here’s how to do it with MyEtherWallet.
Step 2: Read through Signals’ legal documentation
Additionally, we ask you to confirm that you are not a citizen or resident of the U.S., Singapore or China (or any other jurisdiction in which it is not permissible to participate in token crowd contributions).
Step 3: Input your personal/contact details
Due to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, we are obliged to require the following information of every token sale participant:
- Contact information: Your email
- Residential address: Street and number, city, postal code, state / region, and country
- Passport/ID information: Type of document, document number, issuance date and expiration date, your full name, gender, date of birth, and country of citizenship
Please refer to your own specific passport / ID card / driver’s licence and document proving your residency and enter the information exactly as it is displayed. You will be asked to provide the scan of the documents in the next step.
Step 4: Email us your scanned ID document and proof of residence
Also due to AML regulations, we are legally obliged to verify all the buyer’s information from a scan of personal documents and a proof of residence. Please note that we require two separate documents: 1) an ID document and 2) a Proof of Residence.
- ID document scan requirements:
- Scan all necessary sides/pages to cover document’s information requested in the previous step.
- It can be a nationally recognised passport, your identity card (both sides — front and back), your driver’s license (both sides — front and back).
2. Proof of Residence Requirements
- Displaying full name, address, document date and name of the issuer;
- Must not be older than 3 months;
- It can be a utility bill, a phone line bill, a bank statement, some sort of official government letter that shows your address, a certification of residency.
All information on the provided scan of your ID document must be readable and the photo must be clear.
To verify the information filled in the registration form, send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We care about your security. To this end, your emails will be deleted once we verify your identity and the documents will be encrypted and stored in a secure storage.
Step 5: Complete and confirm your registration
You’re all done! You will receive an email with further instructions as soon as your registration and document scan has been verified. Please note that due to the high amount of registrations, this process can take from a few hours up to a maximum of 2 days.
We hope that your participation in the Signals Token Sale is smooth. If you have any questions, please just reach out to us at email@example.com